Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Rock Star Ryan?


Wow.....Ryan Star chose to write one of his own songs last night called "Back of Your Car" and WOW is all I can say. He has definately got a fantastic chance of winning this at the moment. Pretty good for someone who was in the bottom three a few weeks ago. They called him Ryan "the dark horse" Star. Ryan`s the man of the moment.

I still really like Magni. His performance of Nirvana`s "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was tops. But my opinion remains the same about him in the band. But he`s talented for sure.He`s come a long way from his first arrogant harsh performance.

Toby was also great. I loved the way he did "Layla". He rocked.

And as usual Lukas has one original voice and I especially like when he uses his less gruff sound in parts of his choices. He did a song by the Killers "All These Things That I've Done". I think he needs to lose that punk look though . He will make it without them. Love his "freeze frame" faces lol Extremely talented guy. He struts a mean one.
My all time favorite, Dilana wasn`t as good last night, singing "Every Breath You Take" by Sting. Sting can only do Sting. She still remains in the top though for sure. I don`t think she can top her first performance though. That made a huge impression. Her song, her style, her look that first night. Amazing.
When she got to sing with the band last week she was great. But I think she`s too good for the band. For that matter, they all are.

Whoever wins needs to change up this bands style a bit. They sound like a typical bar band to me. But maybe they`ll have some better stuff as time goes on.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess this is Canadian Idol ?

Ryan gets my vote: he can play, he can sing and he can write.




Margaritas eh ?

Jeanne said...

Blessings to you!

Tea said...

No Peter, this is no Canadian Idol. This is Rock Star Super Nova. They gathered the best of the best from around the world to compete to join their band.
We started out watching Canadian Idol but after seeing rock star, it became lame.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Rar? This goes straight over my head. Undoubtedly this is some sort of TV thing. I own three TVs and never watch any of them. Well, I probably watch an hour a week.

Boxwood Cottage said...

Rock star super nova? Never heard about that but I'm intrigued now, do they show it on MTV or where?

Tea said...

Hi Carol. It`s on Global tv in Canada. I`m not sure where yoy would find it your way. But if you Google it I`m sure it will say. Just put in Rock Star Super Nova and it will show you a main page and many others.

tea
xo

Rosa said...

I finally saw your show!!! Finally! I'm going to have to watch a couple more times before I can say who I like though. There was one guy I didn't like, the one that Tommy didn't seem to like. But, it was my first time, so I'll judge next time. (Gee, was it on tonight?? hehe)