Sunday, July 23, 2006

This and That


Due to my camera being without batteries until grocery shopping day on Thursday, I haven`t been able to take any pictures of the beautiful pale pink roses that have started to bloom. They really are the best of the ones I`ve put in so far. Tons of buds coming out on this new little bush. It`s called Eglantyne English shrub rose. I hope it does well. I`ve made up a home made anti-fungal spray for all the roses and they seem to be doing better. It consists of :

1 tbsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. dish soap
1 tbsp. veg oil
1 tbsp. epson salts
1 gallon (17 cups) of water

Just made some scones from an import box mix from England I picked up in a tiny shop in St Jacobs where we went for our little honeymoon weekend in June. Added some currants and now I think I`ll make a nice cup of tea and try one out. Then I MUST look after those black bananas that are starting to collapse. Having taken them out of the freezer a couple of days ago and into the fridge, they`ve been waiting and waiting and waiting to be made into muffins or something.

2 comments:

Rosa said...

I love scones! (Actually, I love almost all things British!)
I'm going to have to add you to my favs if you don't mind! Love your blog!

vicci said...

Thanks for this recipe...I will try it!