Thursday, February 15, 2007

One of These Things is Not Like the Other......


We finished up at work early last night and I had a nice surprise when I got home. Chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne and a beautiful rose from my sweet romantic hubby. I couldn`t resist adding this other picture as you can see why......

The roads were really bad around here Tuesday night and not so good yesterday either. This mess of snow makes it so dangerous for everyone trying to get around. I`m so thankful I`m not driving at the moment. Go away winter! Grocery day is postponed until Friday after work, so I`ll make the dinner I had planned tonight, being that I`m working at a proper time again. Tenderloin steaks with mushrooms and asparagus tips and small broiled potatoes. A ceasar salad would have been good, but I forgot to buy the ingredients.
Then tomorrow we have pot luck at work so I`m going to make some butter tarts. Hopefully they turn out better than that bread. The first and only time I made them, they were really nice. We shall see.
Have one more party to go to Saturday night. A sort of get together of people who went to the same highschool. It`s in a hall with a band, so it should be fun. Then Sunday it`s off to see about getting some more of that flooring for the hall and frontroom. Then the work begins.....ripping up the ancient carpet.

If the tarts turn out looking good..."please let them turn out good....I need to take them out in public....I don`t have any immergency store bought things".....I`ll post the recipe for any sweet teeth who might stop by :)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so Romantic...looks like Angus wanted to share some of the limelight too :-)

Marion said...

mmm. Butter Tarts. I used to make a huge batch every Christmas. Alas...they are no longer good for me, so I will just imagine you enjoying them for me!

I think Angus liked those strawberries!

Kahshe Cottager said...

Oh oh! Looks like there might be plans for another fur party the way Angus is eyeballing the table! Elvis may have started something!

Nothing better than ooey gooey butter tarts! I hope they turned out for you. I'll be watching for the recipe to appear!

Anonymous said...

Chocolate dipped strawberries! Very nice!
Be careful on those icy roads Tea!

Primrose Hill said...

Your Valentines surprise is lovely, what a thoughtful husband, chocolate dipped strawberries, yum!
L x

angela said...

Chocolate strawberries and champagne: lucky, lucky you. That's so thoughtful and imaginative.
Lovely blog.
Angela

Judypatooote said...

What a nice surprise.....what a special hubby.....I love chocolate covered strawberries....we have had quite a snowstorm here too, and tomorrow I will finally be able to get out on the road....but it's kind of nice being stuck inside.....I did get all my pictures put in frames and hung in my bedroom.....doing a little redo also......I'm so glad that my grandbaby didn't come in the middle of the blizzard.....he arrived today.......

Sheila said...

I love the way pets sit at the table and think they have every right to be there.
If it had been one of my cats they would have been eating the rose leaves.
I hope you have a lovely meal tonight and I'm sure the butter tarts will be delicious.

zuzu said...

=^..^=
tart receipe ... and photo too please!

The chocolate dipped strawberries look so yummy. Although I see the rose stem was of more interest to ::ahem:: some little purrsons.

=^..^= XX zU

Naturegirl said...

Oh yummmmmmmmm those strawberries!
Do I see your cat peeking in one of the photos!
Buttertarts mmmmm!
I think I got out of Dodge City just in time...{{{the SNOW}}} I hear it is freeeezing! Oh how I love this sun in Florida..giggle..hugs NG

JacquiG said...

Chocolate covered strawberries, champaign, and a lone red rose ... how perfect is that, you lucky lady!!

Sounds like you have a nice weekend coming up as well. Have fun!

Jackie

Boxwood Cottage said...

The chocolate strawberries do look so yummy hmmm!