Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The History of the Valentine....

Happy Valentines Day!


If anyone`s interested in finding out where this idea came from, I found this at
http://www.techdirect.com/valentine/history.html


Ever since I was a kid, I`ve loved Kewpie Dolls, they`re so adorable! This valentine below was done by Rose Cecil O’Neill (1874-1944) a famous children`s illustrator who actually created them. You can see more and read about her here. http://www.ortakales.com/illustrators/Oneill.html





So much for celebrating Valentines Day with the nice dinner I was going to make. It will have to wait until Friday now because I`m working tonight :(

10 comments:

Kahshe Cottager said...

Hearts and hugs to you as well Tea! I hope you aren't snowed in today!! Any day with your sweetheart can be Valentine's Day ~ yours will be special on Friday because it will be a special day just for the two of you ... errr ... and the fantastic furs!

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Hello Dear Tea..
I was at my computer just now as your comment came through. Thank you.
Happy Valentine’s Day, enjoy your special day on Friday. Hugs - Marion

Anonymous said...

Awww, sorry to hear you can't celebrate it today ~ but you'll look forward to Friday!

Hope you're having a good day and thanks for the history :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have to work tonight, Tea!
But even so...
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY my friend!

:-)

Sheila said...

Happy Valentines ay Tea. Are you getting all this snow too..?
Your romantic meal will be all the sweeter for having waited..
Enjoy..
Hugs
xx

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Happy Valentine's day!

Heather said...

Happy Valentines's Day despite having to work! Drive carefully!!

Anita said...

Tea, thanks for sharing those pretty Valentine's pictures!

I am sorry to lean that you have to work tonight but I am sure you will have a great romantic dinner this Friday!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

Ta for the great links, Tea...Sorry you'll be working but have a happy Valentines today and Friday...you still have that to look forward to but for the rest of us it's all over 'til next year ;-(

Thanks for the lovely comment on my Blog!

Dan said...

Sorry to hear you had to work tonight. But since I believe every day should be Valentines Day (why set aside one day a year to tell friends and family you love them), Friday should work just as well.

Happy Valentines Day. Hugs and kisses.