Monday, February 12, 2007

Elvis is a Doilie-Head and my Sad Blue Grape Focaccia

The other day, hubby and I were sitting at the kitchen table chatting when all of a sudden he laughed and said "Look at Elvis!" "Did you stick that on his head when I wasn`t looking?" I asked. "No" says he. It seems there must have been a crumb or something dropped on my computer chair where this doilie usually lays and of course Elvis was doing his usual sniff out the food thing. How in the world he got it on his head though, I`ll never know. Glad the camera was near by!

Well, finally this year after being free of the flu or cold for almost three years, I`ve become immune to the Echinacea again and wammo...it got me. Just before it got bad, I decided to try making that recipe below. Half of the grapes fell off but were sticky enough to stick back on. Doesn`t look near as good as the recipe`s picture, but not bad for a first try........

The first warmish piece was actually pretty good, although it looks more like a bull frog drooling jam than a fine and fancy Italian desert.....

I had to put the rest in the fridge with it being fruit. No one else wanted to try it and I gave it one more chance and then chucked the whole hard thing in the garbage along with four hard boiled eggs that had been lost and forgotten in the fridge.
Today when we got home from work there were some suspicious looking bits of egg shell in the kitchen doorway. Inside the kitchen was a tipped over garbage can and a trail of empty bags all over the floor.
It seems Elvis decided to have a little snack. Hmmmmmmmm.... almost a whole loaf of the focaccia and four hard boiled eggs. Boy, are we in for a treat tonight.

17 comments:

Werna Gail said...

I'm sure glad I came by here, I needed a good laugh, what cute furry friends you have... this reminds me of the thanksgiving our Doberman ate the (whole) turkey.Oh and YES no one got much sleep that night.

Gary said...

Elvis looks a bit like he is wearing a beret. Cute!

Gill said...

Elvis is alive, in the 7-11 with a doilie on his head!
The grape foccacia looks delicious.
Why did it end up in the garbage?
xo

Sheila said...

Could Elvis be going through a midlife crisis. I know I took to wearing strange hats and eating at odd hours..?
It will pass, and sooner rather than later..LOL

zuzu said...

Tea! =^..^=

The bull frog remark made me laugh out loud! It is exactly what crossed my mind the split second I saw the picture ::smile::

But then ... Oh Poor Elvis. Poor mommy and daddy! (hope the weather's nice tonight at least)
Hummm ... Perhaps the little doilie escapade was to forewarn you of his mischief ... Dogs just know things,

=^..^= zU

Anonymous said...

Elvis looks cute in his doily - but embarrassed about being photographed wearing it. Hope he survived the focaccia and eggs - it amazes me what dogs can manage to scavenge without any ill effects. I've often waited for dire consequences that never materialized. Rowan

Kahshe Cottager said...

My first thought when I saw Elvis was that he was wearing lingerie on his head and was somewhat abashed at being caught in the act! What a party he had while your back was turned! Were the kitties invited too?

Your bread looked delicious in the picture ... he must have thought it was too tasty for the trash. I am trying so hard not to laugh ~ it could so easily happen to me too! giggle

Tea said...

Blue the Spa Girl.........even though I wrapped it up, it seemed hard from being in the fridge and too wet on the inside. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I guess Elvis got what he was hoping for LOL

tea
xo

Unknown said...

Hello there - bless poor Elvis!

Thanks for the visit - I've added you to my list of links. Anyone who likes ELO has got to be added (It's the law!)

Here's to the coming Blue Sky!

Gary

Rosie said...

sounds like Elvis had a bit of a day all in all - I will be back to read more about all your furry friends. Thanks for popping in to read my blog.
Rosie

Heather said...

Looks delicious!! Elvis is adorable...Dolie Head - I love it.

Hope you are feeling better!

Cindy said...

That was funny. It sounds like something my dog would do.

Anonymous said...

Elvis~ what's next some blue suede shoes?
funny funny!!

Judypatooote said...

Oh my gosh, you better grab the can of Oust! I love the picture of Elvis, I think you should have put it on a Valentine and sent it out.....he's so darn cute.... happy valentines day to you, hubby and of course Elvis......

Rosa said...

OMG, the pic of Elvis is one thing (giggle) but the drooling frog is hillarious! ROFLMAO! I can SOOOO see it! Are those grapes. Oh my, talk about drooling! xo

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Elvis... What a party animal!

LOL

Sigrun said...

This dog is an artist!

Sigrun