Thursday, December 07, 2006

Lone Decoration


This is the one and only Christmas decoration I have up yet. Need to make some time this weekend to get the tree up.
It`s rather simple and slightly wild looking instead of nice and uniform because I just used what I had on hand and slapped it together inbetween doing something else. I like to multi-task but usually take more time to make something. But I wanted something Christmasy up now already and the old wreath was falling apart. The greenery is juniper and I stuck some winterberries in along with a linen rose and some bits of something or other....not sure what the little white nobby things are called but they`re artificial bits on wire. I attached it all to a willow wreath with wire and stuck it here on the door. It would look nicer on a solid door and could use some type of bow yet, but it`s interesting how the reflection shows in the glass. That`s almost the exact spot where Angus had his terrible adventure that Teddy errr I mean Theodore, writes below.
That`s it for me. So many bloggers are showing all their lovely Christmas things and I`m in the spirit, so here`s my Christmasy contribution for the moment. It would be pretty to have some lights on the two cranberry bushes at the door but we don`t have an outdoor plug out front. This weekend includes putting tree up, cleaning out and lining last remaining drawer and under sink cupboards...those cupboards are the worst and it`s only taken me 2 weeks of thinking about actually moving my butt and finishing off the kitchen... making Swiss Meatballs, a party at a friends for my sister`s 40th birthday which will be fun and hopefully a little relaxation somewhere in there.
Happy weekend! It`s almost here!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful decoration. You're not the last one to get around to decorating; you have put up one more decoration than I have, and I'm having between 30 and 40 people over for a so-called holiday party on Saturday. Yikes! I guess I've got some work to do.

Rowan said...

I really like this wreath Tea, don't htink it even needs a ribbon, the winterberries give it th e necessary splash of colour. I've no decorations up yet, we start that sort of thing much later in UK. I plan to get my tree today and get most of the stuff up over the weekend. Outside lights depend very much on the weather, it's very wet and extremely windy here right now.

Bob said...

There's no way you are going to be able to relax with all that to do Tea! I've not done anything Christmasy on my blog yet, I will have to try something now I have my computer working properly again.

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Hello Tea...
Thanks for your greetings.
I like your Christmas decoration and I think hanging it against the glass door gives it extra dimension. I am way behind with my decorations too this year, both John and I have had dreadful colds and everything is a great effort at the moment. I keep having a go at things, but my energy is very low. Our weather has been absolutely dreadful, our coast has been bashed with gales.

I’m pleased the weekend is nearly here and we can both be together and hopefully feel more inspired.

Enjoy your weekend and I hope you achieve all you plan. Marion

Heather said...

This is the perfect decoration!! I love it! So nice!

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful Tea, so natural and uncontrived. I love it. I agree with Rowan, no bow is needed..the berries give it colour and the rose gives it sweetness.
xo
Enjoy your weekend.

savvycityfarmer said...

Wild and a little unorganizes...that's my favorite kind of arrangement...I LOVE it.


HB to sis

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Love the wild thang! And I agree with most of the others...no bow necessary. In fact, I think a bow might even detract from the loveliness of what you have. LOVE the juniper greens!

Anonymous said...

I love it too. The rose is perfect.You have inspired me - I haven't begun to decorate yet!

Gary said...

I think that it looks very lovely right where it it. Good job.

By the way, I have never heard of Swiss meatballs. That sounds intriguing.

Shane Marie said...

It's lovely! I like the whimsy. It makes it seem more heartfelt, I think.

Jeanne said...

It's a beautiful wreath.
Such a lovely time of year to spread good cheer and love.
Blessings!