Thursday, January 25, 2007
1. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
2. If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
3. A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
(How'd they figure this out, and why?)
4. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
5. Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
(Is that why Flipper was always smiling?)
6. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
7. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
8. The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
9. Polar bears are left handed.
10. The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
(What can be so tasty on the bottom of the pond?)
11. The flea can jump 350 times its body length.
It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.
12. A cockroach will live nine days without it's head, before it starves to death.
13. The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.
14. Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
15. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
16. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating 1 olive from each salad served in first-class.
17. Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
18. Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
19. Pearls melt in vinegar.
20. It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
21. A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why. (Or does it? http://www.acoustics.salford.ac.uk/acoustics_world/duck/duck.htm)
22. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
23. Turtles can breathe through their butts.
24. It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow. (or can you? http://www.uvm.edu/~dfisher1/random/elbow.jpg http://www.uvm.edu/~dfisher1/random/elbow2.jpg)
25. If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
26. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
27. Almost everyone who reads this will try to lick their elbow.
I`m obviously at a loss at the moment for anything original. LOL The bracketed parts aren`t mine but worth leaving in.
Today is the coldest day of the year here in Ontario. Brrrrrrrr. Spring is still so far away! Busy working, cross-stitching the area around that dog...not the one below :), getting ready for the next step in the frontroom - ripping up carpet......the weekend is almost here! Maybe I`ll even find something interesting to post about while I still have some juice left in the camera.
Posted by Tea at Thursday, January 25, 2007