Monday, August 06, 2007

A Family Reunion and Up Close Trumpet Vine for Bob...

Hope everyone has or if in Canada, still having a great weekend. Today is a busy at home day. Doing the wash, making some raspberry preserves and low fat cake, stripping kitchen table and maybe getting it stained hopefully too. Glad everyone liked Elvis and the Doilie! It`s one of my favorites along with him and the wig, which you can find under the title "Elvis`s Secret Fantasy" in the pets catagory. Or here`s the link.. http://teaandmargaritas.blogspot.com/2006/09/elviss-secret-fantasy_12.html to copy and paste.
Anyway, we went to a little place called Courtice for hubby`s family reunion on Sunday. Thought I`d share some pictures with you at the farm. The food was bountiful but couldn`t really take a pic without anyone thinking we were a couple of nuts...

It was hot hot hot so the kids went swimming....

We took a walk down to the barn....

On the way we stopped to visit the horses and the donkey.

The donkey was a real ham...loved attention....



This guy just looked at us at first over the barn door and then all of a sudden he let out a huge burst of barks and scared the daylights out of me. We were hesitant to go in just in case he was a biter. Hubby told him to go and lay down. I wanted to pet him so bad. We ended up going back again with some meatballs for him so I could pet him because we found out he was harmless. They rescued him from some idiot who kept him in a little cage. Ohhhhhhhhh the things that guy needs doing to him. String him up...upside down by the heels and .....never mind. I hate cruelty to animals. Poor thing. You could see the sadness in his eyes.

Inside the horse barn...

Hubby took all the pics and look what he found. If you click on them, you can get a better view....


These last two pics are for Bob over at Gardener To The Big House http://the-estate-gardeners-diary.blogspot.com/
who was wondering if he might have something like this in the garden and needed to see it a bit better. So there ya go Bob :) Hope this helps. I did them so you can click and make them a bit bigger....

20 comments:

Lady Prism said...

I love the donkey pic!..

Nice to see sunshine..it's raining lots here...

oh'..and I haven't seen newborn birdies in a nest like that yet..I mean up close..That must have been a thrilling sight!

Mr Fielding said...

Many thanks for the Award Tea. Awfully kind of you. I shall be returning with my blog tomorrow, I am pleased to say. A family bereavement (the loss of the apparently indestructible sister had hit me for six) has delayed any update over the past few months.

Anonymous said...

The family reunion looked fabulous - and all the photos of the horses and birds, lovely. Hope you're having a good week!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

The picture of the dog just breaks my heart...poor thing. Glad he's been rescued from that %*@# who had him before.

Loved the rest of the pictures, too.

Unknown said...

i've been to Courice for their Farmers Mk and Flea Mk and a mammogram - i live in Whitby so am quite close....
i love the photos of the animals esp the wee baby birds and that trumpet vine is glorious!

Sheila said...

I live five minutes away from Courtice..!
It looks like you had a good time. I agree with you about animal cruelty, people should be punished severely..!
That looks like a nice plant Pea..is it a lipstick vine..?

QUASAR9 said...

Looks like fun!

"Ohhhhhhhhh the things that guy needs doing to him. String him up...upside down by the heels and .....never mind. I hate cruelty to animals. Poor thing. You could see the sadness in his eyes."

You definitely mu kind of gal
It is trur how expressive dogs (and horses) can be, one can tell straight away whether they are happy or sad, whether their owners are good or bad.
The same with people too.

And girl, you look cool, someone must be real good to YOU.

~~ Melissa said...

Wow, those birds are packed in like sardines! Happy Civic Day!

Gill said...

Mum called you Pea. That glass she is holding up in the photo has been filled one too many times, if ya know what I mean (wink wink). Surely it is a typo!
Courtice is next door to us! If you were travelling along highway 2 in Oshawa, you surely would have seen the spa!!!
Next time, give us a ding!
xoxo
Blue

Anonymous said...

Fun photos! i need to find a wife like U who makes homemade jam...i miss my gramma who used to do that!

Judypatooote said...

Great Pictures....hubby did good...
love the birds and the donkey....

Judypatooote said...

By the way, did you ever get the Elvis note card and bookmark?

Sheila said...

Sooo Sorry Tea. That is not the first time I have done that..!
Not a typo I confess, but a brain cramp.
Forgive me...?

Unknown said...

haha sheila, i had one too....Courtice, not Courice!!

The French Nest said...

It looks like you had a wonderful family reunion! Your photos are stunning...your trumpet vines are gorgeous and the donkey/horses/birds/gorgeous dog (can you tell I'm an animal lover!?) are adorable!

Kate

Christine Boles said...

You can see the sadness in that dog's eyes in the photo~ hopefully, it will be hugged away, eventually!

Kahshe Cottager said...

I know Courtice well!! I lived nearby for many years before moving to TO! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

Check my blog for a little surprise for you! *-)

Sheila said...

Hi Tea..
I looked for a photo of Lipstick vine
here
and I can see it is similar, but not the same.

Dan said...

Sweet little horses! Their snouts are so soft, aren't they? And look at those cute little birds!!

Tea, my last two posts have been funny ones about cats. You might enjoy them. Hugs!

jessica said...

what a nice family reunion.

how sweet the little birds.