Saturday, May 17, 2008

'Gooses', Elvis and Cats and Catnip

The geese are back and do lots of honking...

Elvis is enjoying the nicer weather...

Some of my plants arrived the other day. Lots of Basil. Some Italian Oregano, Chili Peppers, Golden Peppers, Italian Parsley, more Bergamont ( Bee Balm ) and Bay Leaf, but I will wait until next weekend to plant them along with the tomato plants, just in case we get some frost. The Thyme survived the winter in the garden...

That`s Sweet William gone mad in the background....

I had to remove the catnip from the box because the cats wanted to get inside at it and I didn`t want them to spoil the herbs. That`s it in the pot....

All the cats decided to come around the back at once....

Izzy Isobell checks out the catnip.....

Then gets very upset when Teddy arrives...

Sniff sniff.....

Mmmmmmm....tasty...

Hey!

Angus wants a turn....

"Fine, then!" says Teddy...

Partially cleaned up garden. The catnip along with some of last years cat mint is now contained in a large low pot so it won`t take over the garden, yet the cats can still get at it. Hopefully they don`t eat it all before it grows more. This outer part of the patio isn`t straight yet at all! Those twiggy things...I might use for the cucumbers this year or take them out.
I`m going to plant some sunflower seeds along the fence and maybe brick planting areas....maybe...

It`s pouring rain here on our long weekend unfortunately, but I hope everyone still has a nice one :)

6 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely cats and 'nip!

You won my drawing for the "Magus of Stonewylde" book! Please email me your real name and address.

Congratulations!

Carol said...

Gosh so much to catch up on. You have been very busy.
I love catnip, we call it catmint!
You are lucky to get such special visitors.
Carol xx

carolyn said...

The kitties must be in 7th heaven with all that catmint.

One Crabapple said...

aaa ! glad to seee TEDDY !

do you know, it has been on my mind about a month now wondering how Teddy is ? You know I think of him because he and my Miss Daisy are about the same age I think and I remebered past posts....sometimes they come to me and I think I must go visit TEA & M !

He looks like he is doing well and laughing at this little scenario playing out just like it does here!

Your yard looks great ! I can only imagine you (all) are loving seeing green again.

The patio is looking good ! you guys do so much work on your home and it looks better and better.

Cheering you on !

xo-S.

One Crabapple said...

ps. I am looking forward to Your Sun Flowers !

They will look perfect there !

Great setting for Tea and Margaritas in the fall....

Judypatooote said...

Love your pictures, and I didn't know you could buy Bergamont, but do you mean Bee Balm is Bergamont? I have Bee Balm, but I never smelled that wonderful Bergamont smell.....Earl Grey is my favorite tea, because of that wonderful Bergamont smell....
Have a great Memorial Day, and give Elvis a huggggg from me and Maxie...... judy