Thursday, May 08, 2008

Back Garden Visitors, Elvis` New Cousin and No Bags

It`s been forever since I`ve last blogged. Between having a large computer crash and then some surgery.....nothing serious :)and well....business and laziness....I`ve been away a long time.
The other morning hubby snapped these pictures of some visitors that have never visited the back garden before.

They usually like to hang around the pond in front.

Do let me introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. Mallard Duck :)

There are a lot of pictures coming up next, but I couldn`t choose my favorite.
My sister has a knew baby and Elvis a new cousin.....

Her name is Sandy and she`s a miniature Australian Shepard.....










We made a trip to Toronto and on our way back decided to stop in Milton for groceries, just for something different. They have a huge new Loblaws. Lovely store, if you like the big ones that is, I prefer the smaller. When we got to the check out and the lady was just finishing up putting everything through the till, we happened to notice that no one was packing our food up and there were no bags for us to do it ourselves.
"We`re the first environmentally friendly grocery store and don`t supply plastic bags." The lady smiled.
Well luckily our cart was only 3/4`s full. She told us that she`s seen some very surprised and unhappy faces since they opened because the sign is very small. Some people have mountainous shopping carts! Luckily we only had one 3/4`s full and laughingly just dumped it all in the back seat LOL

14 comments:

Pear tree cottage! said...

Hello Tea, gosh! it has been a long time since I too visited anyone and feeling rather cold here today I thought I would do some summer "looking!' smiles and just knew your garden would be on display along with your family of darlings.......Aussie puppy is very cute Elvis must love a new cousin in the family......enjoy your summer my friend.

Lee-ann

Judypatooote said...

Oh my favorite picture is of Elvis and Sandy nose to nose....that is just precious.....but I love all th pictures....I had a whole field full of mallards last fall....I love watching them fly in.... judy

Mom2fur said...

The dogs are so adorable!
I'm glad to hear your surgery wasn't serious and hope you are feeling well now.

Kilroy_60 said...

So you may not be posting as often, but you're still doing a great job.

Funny, this is the second post I've seen about ducks being out of place in just the past week.

I'm Stumbling around today; I stopped by to give you a big THUMBS UP.

Rosie said...

What a gorgeous puppy, so photogenic. Our supermarkets over here are gradually cutting down on plastic bags, we have a couple of hessian bags now which we take shopping with us although occasionally we forget to take them out of the car :)

Teal Chic said...

omg if those aren't the cutest pictures ever!!! i'm such a sucker for cute puppies! :)

James Higham said...

Aw - beautiful.

Unknown said...

New puppy = very very cute!!
That's so funny about the groceries!

Lady Prism said...

Cuuuute!!! Adorable!!! :>>

Julie said...

Hi, Tea,

I thought I commented on this post, but I guess I didn't. That pup is so cute I had to show him (her) to my husband too.

I just saw your comment on my Stonewylde post. You're not too late for the drawing. I'll draw on Tuesday - and you're in the drawing!

Naturegirl said...

That puppy has to be the cutest!! Such soulfull eyes!! Welcome back Tea...I've been away too...snowbirding in Arizona but I managed to post from the deserts!
Too funny about Loblaws..a good thing! hugs NG

Tinyholder said...

Ahhhh, that dog is absolutely gorgeous!

Rowan said...

I haven't been blogging or reading for weeks now but finally found time to catch up a little and found Elvis' gorgeous new cousin - the photo of them together is so sweet. I'm glad to see that felines are all still enjoying life and catnip:) Hope you are having a decent summer after the long winter.

Diana LaMarre said...

Tea,
It's nice to see you back to blogging!

My goodness the retail world is sure changing. It's bad enough that Walmart makes us bag our own purchases, but at least they give us a bag!

I guess customer service is just a bad in Canada as it is in the U.S.!