Sunday, November 01, 2009

Costume Party

Tatum came over to show us his Monkey Costume on his very first Halloween. He was so cute. I can hardly believe he turned one last weekend! Had a nice family party here for him.

It`s been 9 years since we last dressed up for Halloween and it was fun.
Here`s Hubs.
He had to glue this on and it moved naturally when he talked. We went as an odd sort of couple. He, perhaps a wizard from another dimension I like to think, but the horns speak differently LOL. Long jacket, white shirt and long bow tie, wig, cane. He just needed to purchase a hat. I had mentioned a wider brim one but I had mistakenly called it a fedora at the beginning, and that`s all he could remember when at the store. So a fedora it was LOL.

.....and me, a 1920`s fortune teller. I loved dressing up and found everything I needed here at home. Despite it being only a Halloween costume, I loved the elegant bohemian feeling it gave off. What fun to be able to dress in fancy clothes. From the black boa which hangs in my bathroom to a 20`s style dress that a friend had given me years ago. I hemmed it just a bit above the ankles and the chiffon overskirt hung lower than the underneath part. Stockings made above the elbow fingerless gloves, my Mum`s long Victorian necklaces, a short black faux fur jacket for outdoors and lots of scarves. What fun it was to get so dressed up! I even painted my finger nails in the way they did in the 20`s. The tips and half moons were left unpainted. You might see them better clicking on the pic. Odd looking and it took a bit to get used to them. I kind of miss them now funnily enough, now that I`ve taken the paint off. The other side of the scarf stands out in a bow which is hidden in this pic. Fun doing the eye makeup they did then too. So dusky and dark and long eyebrows and pouty lips.
I could dress in that fashion every other day if I could get away with it LOL

8 comments:

Rowan said...

Great costumes, I love those twenties clothes, lucky you to have a genuine dress from that era. Hope Elvis is OK,give him a big hug from me:)

CatHerder said...

GREAT costumes..omgosh the first one is SOOOOO adorable!

Palm Springs Savant said...

Ok, your little monkey is just WAY to cute! Love it.

Gledwood said...

O dear me. That 2nd one down looks like my old violin teacher!!!

James Higham said...

Aw, isn't that sweet.

Catpad said...

great costumes!!

judypatooote said...

OK, it's time for an update on how my Elvis is doing....I'm sorry I know he's not mine, but I just think he is precious....I still have the picture of him with his head stuck in the garbage lid....LOL it's on my mirror in my bedroom.... judy

Tea and Margaritas in My Garden said...

I know Judy!
I will as soon as I get a chance :)