Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bits and Pieces and Toile

Well, it`s been awhile since I`ve posted. My excuses are work and slow internet and having nothing really to post. I did go to the chiropractor for the first time. From my neck to my lower back was all seized up he said. Aside from being darn sore anyway all the time, my neck was stiff dor three months and hurt to turn. It felt like he was ripping my head off, but it sure did loosen it up! LOL
We had a lovely Christmas and New Year, as I hope everyone did. Teddy is still doing reall well for turning 22 this March.
The cats got catnip mice for their gift. Izzy was the most excited over it....

Elvis likes to get up on the bed at night if I`m reading. Angus happened to be in his spot, so he pushed him over....


I`ve always been intrigued with this old home. Woundering what it looked like inside. For Canada, it must be quite old and I bet amazing inside. It`s now for sale and in my dreams, I think I`ll buy it LOL


We went to the movies last night and saw Grand Toreno. I would definately recommend this movie. It is surprisingly profound and moving. Not what you think. It`s about an old grumpy man, messed up from the Vietnam war, who`s just lost his wife and has alienated his grown children. His wife`s last wish was for him to go to confession. He chooses to confess the real truth to someone other than the priest though. When the movie is over you are left remembering all the subtle hints and symbologies and we were quite affected by it all. I can`t say more without spoiling it for anyone wanting to see it. Warning...the language is bad though for children.

One of the stars was at the theatre signing posters. Her name is Ahney Her. He chose mostly first time actors for this movie that he wrote and directed. My thinking is so it would seem very true to life and one wouldn`t get distracted by big name faces.

We still have too much snow and cold here....

I decided to put some curtains up in the kitchen that I had previously made and cover the chair seats with this pretty fabric as well. Put my blur arm chairs in the hall. I love them but they don`t really match anything. I had been hoarding this beautiful green and ivory toile fabric for future use. But the sheers are to patterny for it.

I`ve bought on wide long ivory one to sew up into two.

The same window was too dark when I took the picture and the lighting isn`t so great in this one either, but it looks better...

Have a great rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

Judypatooote said...

Good to hear from you and Elvis...LOL We are being dumped on with snow again, and it's blowing so that makes it hard to get around...I live by a field so I get alot of drifting... I love your curtains, they remind me of a Williamsburg print....the old home reminds me of a stately home.. I don't know if I described that right, but ok queenly....LOL I'll bet the baby is getting big... as I write this, I see that cute smile in the picture below.... well keep warm, and give sweet Elvis a smooch from me..... judy

Calamity Jen said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. You were missed!