Saturday, November 03, 2007

Goofing with Elvis and a Cheap Meal


It was frosty this morning! Brrrrrrrr. Look at the poor Delphinium. I think it`s done.
Each day when we get home from work Elvis and Teddy are urging us into the kitchen for feed. Elvis prances around while I prepare his supper and the other day Hubby decided to get in the game, so of course, I just had to grab the camera......

Teddy has had enough and sits patiently waiting for his drop of soft mushy dog food that he has aquired a taste for. 1 or 2 tablespoons go on top of Elvis` diet vet food LOL
Hubby has been so busy with our RateBistros.com web site that he hasn`t been reading my blog lately. Do you think he`ll mind these pictures? lolololol!!

If this gives you a chuckle, be a sweetheart and pop over and sign up, just to help us get our member count higher :)
I`m trying to persuade him to add a "Haunted Restaurants" feature. What do you think?
Now for that Cheap Meal recipe that I forgot to take the finished results picture of. I call it Swiss Steak although it`s not at all like a Swiss Steak recipe.
All you need is some rice, canned tomatoes, brown sugar, onions and hamburg patties or beef steakettes...

Place the beef in the bottom of a casserole dish. Throw some chopped onions on top. Dump the canned tomatoes over and spoon about a 1/4 cup of brown sugar on top. Cover and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Serve over rice. Cheap and easy.

The cats liked it too. And no worries...Elvis got a lick as well...

And as you can see Angus does definately still have his tail thankfully...

Have a great weekend everyone. I`m on the rest of my holidays next week except Monday so am hoping to visit some blogs :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a quick and easy meal I remember eating lunch in a haunted building once but I'm darned if I can remember the name of the place. Come to think of it several of the places that we used to eat in when visiting customers were allegedly haunted, mostly old coaching Inns. There is one in our home town that does a tour of it's haunted cellars!

ally said...

Glad to see Augus's tail!
I hope Elvis has not had anymore surprises for you!

Unknown said...

food and pets, have to be my two favorite things in the world! Now i want to try that recipe!!!!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thanks for the recipe! Sounds good!

Gretel said...

Oh, I just read about your horrible scare, thank God it wasn't poor Angus. I hate hunting.

Anonymous said...

I love the photos and the recipe looks delicious. All of your furries are gorgeous - especially Elvis. Don't worry, my husband does exactly the same thing with our dog. Big kids at heart!

Gledwood said...

Oooo domestic bliss pets pictures...

Talking of Elvis my Cousin got married in the Elvis Chapel in Vegas... I kept asking my Mum if they had Lesbian Elvis (come on - if you're doing tacky you gotta go the whole hog) but unfortunately their Elvis was either a male or a woman with such severe chromasomal probs she may as well have been a man... O! Do you want to hear this stuff I'm sorry...

Have a marvellous weekend!!!

Gledwood
"Vol 2"...
;->...

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Tea,
You have some lovely furry friends there and they really seem to have enjoyed your great recipe!

You are the winner to my Website's 3rd Birthday giveaway!!! PLEASE email me via my blog with your address, so that I can send you your prize!
Well done,
Niki x